Week six of Play Through The Bible focuses on the story of baby Moses. It is a fun story that is always popular with the little ones.
Week Six – Baby Moses
Moses’ mother saved him from Pharaoh by putting him in a basket in the river.
Story Time Tips
- We focused mainly on the story “The Princess and the Baby” starting on page 84 of The Rhyme Bible Storybook.
- Take a minute to talk about Pharaoh on the first page of the story and how he is the mean guy/bad guy. I did mention that he was the mean guy because he said all the baby boys had to be thrown in the river, but I didn’t dwell on it because I could sense it was a little much for my sensitive hearted 2 1/2 year old.
- Pretend to be a baby like Moses.
Wrap your child up in a blanket and put them in a laundry basket to pretend to be baby Moses. Push them for a ride down the “Nile.” If you have it, you could even put a blue blanket under the basket for the water.
Parent: “Where did Pharaoh say the baby boys had to go?”
Child: “The river.”
Parent: “Yeah, he was a mean guy! Where did Moses’ mom put him?”
Child: “In a basket.”
Parent: “Yep, she put him in a basket in the river so he’d be safe. Who found him?”
Child: “The princess.”
Parent: “Yep, that’s right. Moses grew up in the palace.”
Day One – Baby Moses Coloring Page
Day Two – Floating Down The River
- Brown piece of construction paper
- Skinny strip of blue construction paper
- Thicker strip of blue construction paper, cut wavy
- Short, skinny strip of blue construction paper
- Brown oval
- Glue stick
Put some glue on the back of the wavy blue paper.
Put in down the middle of the brown piece of paper. This will be your “river.”
Next, glue the skinny piece of blue paper down the middle of the river. Only glue it on one side.
Put some glue on the tips of the little strip of blue paper.
Put the blue strip on the back of the brown oval.
Slide the oval onto the skinny strip of paper and then glue the other side down.
Now baby Moses can slide up and down the river! Just learn from our mistake and let it dry first!
Day Three – Baby Moses
- Tissue (alternately, a small piece of cloth)
- Large craft stick
- Scissors (not pictured)
Day Four – The Basket
- Paper sack
- Glue Stick
Put baby Moses in his basket.
Day Five: The River
- Cereal box
- 2-3 sheets of blue construction paper
- Blue marker
- Glue stick
- Elmer’s glue (not pictured)
Bend up the sides of the cardboard about an inch.
Glue the two pieces together.
Use the blue marker to color in the brown cardboard a bit. We didn’t find this made that much of a difference though, so you could skip it if you want.
Next is the fun part. Take the blue paper and tear it into smaller pieces. Using a fierce face is most definitely a requirement for this task!
Now doesn’t that look like fun?!
Next, drizzle some glue inside your boxes. I was going to use a glue stick, but decided Elmer’s glue would be easier.
Take your torn and crumpled pieces of blue paper and place it in the glue.
Grab your Moses and basket and play pretend!
This song is definitely a little old school – but my son still loved it!
I hope you enjoyed week six of Play Through The Bible. I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or use the hashtag #playthroughthebible on Twitter or Instagram!
Affiliate links included. Thank you for using your purchases to help support Simple Life. Messy Life.